21 May 2019

Sonntagszopf

Posted by Crazy Knitter22 at 2:44 pm
And something totally different.
I usually make bread with my bread maker, which is a white spelt, wholegrain spelt flour mix.
That's what we usually have at weekends. During the week we have cereals or porridge.
Anyway my mum sent me a bread making book and Steve saw the bread we usually have in Switzerland for Sunday breakfast. So he asked if I could make them.
I said sure, my breadmaker allows me to make dough.


500g White Spelt Flour (I always buy 10kg Matthew Cotswold from Amazon) 
2 tsp fast acting dry yeast 
2 tsp Salt (I use Pink Himalayan salt, you can get that dead cheap from TK Maxx) 
2 tbsp Sugar (I use organic coconut sugar) 
60g unsalted Butter
3dl Milk 
and I add a little bit (less than 1/4 tsp) vitamin C powder it helps the dough to rise better and the air bubbles are smaller and more evenly spread. 
Depending on your oven (ours is a hot one) 180-200C for 30-35 min.

Here is a video that shows how to braid it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CrazyKnitter22 Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea