21 Jan 2023

Cable Crazy

Posted by Crazy Knitter22 at 3:11 pm

 I saw this Debbie Bliss Sweater pattern and I immediately thought, I have to knit this. Now Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK isn't the cheapest yarn, so the hunt began. After 2 days of trying to figure out which yarn could work and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, I suddenly had a light bulb moment. I remembered I had 20 balls of Bergere de France Ideal DK lying around for 5 + years. I always knew it would one day serve a purpose.

Up the ladder, find the right box, read the label and yippee! it would work.

And I started. After half of the back done, I suddenly realized my brain did an autocorrect and twisted all the cables in the same direction. It never occurred to me that half are left twisted and half are right twisted. And I honestly didn't care. I preferred it my way.

I had to redo one sleeve because I miscounted on the first row, which cause a 2 day delay. But it's done and it looks great. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CrazyKnitter22 Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea